Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Why I don't buy Fairtrade

I know I'm going to get a few rants from people for this post, but I don't really care. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the principles behind Fairtrade... but I can't help thinking that there is a HUGE flaw in the majority of the products that I've sampled - which is simply that they just taste like crap. I've no idea why someone would expect me to pay more money for lower quality products (in terms of taste that is). However, I do realise that taste is a very personal thing and so I'm willing to admit that perhaps I'm in the minority here.

The end result though is that I steer clear of most Fairtrade products now - I just can't be bothered with the hassle of throwing half of each product in the bin. Not to mention the cost and wastefulness that's incurred by doing so!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home